Search

Tuesday, 13 December 2022

Villain from the Masses



 I never liked heroes 

especially the ones with capes

They might be able to fly

look good in a suit and tie 

push themselves over a mountain so high

paint a picture of the future so bright.


I never liked heroes 

that put themselves at the last

their families a sacrifice 

and their children with expectations at a price


I never liked heroes 

because they choose to fight 

when there is nothing left

and their homes keep changing

within a world that is bereft


I never liked heroes 

because they are crusaders of good 

but only when bad is so bad 

that their good shines its own light


I never liked heroes 

because they fixed bigger wrongs 

while the smaller ones

have no right left in them 


I never liked heroes 

nor the villains 

for I was the middle ground 

the runt of the litter 



The one legion none of them care for 

I am the one alive 

injust for the greater good

but on the verge 

of ending in the greater dark

a Villain from the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment