Search

Saturday, 30 December 2017

DARKEST HOUR

On the darkest day, there came a word
for us to stay and hold a sword
there were bullets firing
and there were soldiers falling
but on that day there came a word.

For the hot sun blazed
and winter wind blew in the air
there were men who were dazed
and women with flames of flying hair.

There came a word for me to stay still
and there was no way I could change that will
there came a word for me to make no change
no haste, no vengeance, no blood and no rage.

And here I am, still as a rock
no men around nor sheep to flock
there came a word and I stood by it
there came a word that I couldn't unfold
that I couldn't show to the realms around me.

credits to the inspiree- David Baldacci- 'Zero Day'









No comments:

Post a Comment